Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Blues Baby!

I finally picked out some fabric to start a new quilt. Wahoo!

Its two shades of blue that I'm hoping I will like once I put it together. I also have no particular game plan, although a rough inspiration is this quilt at dsquilts.com, although roughly. I'm not sure how attached I am to that design and how closely it will come out, since I don't really intend for it be exactly like that. We'll see. Its my first time to try anything "odd."

On a side note, I went for my first walk in the park and around the reservoir for the spring and that pleased me very much! I called my Mom and made her accompany while I walked (via cellphone, not in person) and that made in nice enough to walk for at least an hour. Yeah spring! Boo treadmill. The sun makes my apartment too hot in the mornings to get on the treadmill and the air conditioning really hasn't been turned on yet. Walks are looking good to me.

Oh - and I bought my first sandals of the season as well. Yay yay yay! I love sandals.

Another side note - I went to a quilt show and an orchid show this weekend. The quilt show was okay. I'm not too crazy about looking at most other people's quilts, since I'm not often a fan of their color choices, but it was interesting. Too many people have their quilts sent out for quilting by long arms, I think. I suppose it has its place, but why quilt if you don't actually "Quilt" anything? I did, however, briefly catch a shop owner doing a demo on needle punch embroidery. I'm intrigued. It did, however, seem to be another one of those things that I would enjoy doing, but what in the world would I do with it? We're still contemplating that. The orchid show was fun, but it was too crowded. I would have liked to get some different orchids. I have 2 at present and one is relatively new and the flowers have since died on it. The other one just grows. No flowers. Tsk.

No comments: