Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The World's Shortest Attention Span

I think I have it. The world's shortest attention span, that is. I have been trying to write down some plans for the new year - not resolutions - just plans. I am realizing just how many projects I have planned or started and not finished.

Here's just a few:

I have a red & white quilt that I'm hand quilting. It was started 2 years ago and is approximately half way done. I work on it in fits and starts.

I have one more of those little Tudor Rose patchwork quilts to quilt. There were 4 altogether and I did one when I first bought the fabric and 2 during this past year. Must finish the 3rd.

I have a green & white quilt that is quilted & bound and just needs the centers of the circles handquilted with a "loop" motif in them (since I can't do it by machine).

I have a halfway quilted Summer Wind quilt that needs to be finished. Again, my quilting dreams are ahead of my quilting abilities and its stalled me.

I have a blue & green quilt started that need to be basted and quilted. I've been carrying that around in my trunk for months, as I really need to do it at my parents, since I don't have the space to do it here. I haven't felt like basting it the last several times I've been up there so it just continues to ride around.

I have a quilt started in 2 shades of blue. I suppose there's about 4 blocks finished? Need to work on that.

See - how terrible is this?? I also have a half-finished scarf laying beside the couch. Can't decide what size needles I really want to use to make it with. I have a beautiful robin's egg blue jute fabric that i want to make bags out of, but I can't decide what to use for handles. I have a half-finished sage green one for the same reason. I have a beautiful chocolate damask fabric laying here to make myself an apron out of. I have leftover fabric from the aprons that I made for Christmas presents that I should use up for half aprons and potholders and list on Etsy.

Can you tell I'm also indecisive?

Maybe writing it down will help me start knocking it off.

No comments: