Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Knitting

I decided a few months ago that I wanted to learn to knit for real. There's so many YouTube videos that you can watch to learn this sort of thing, there's really no excuse for not trying it anymore if you want to.

I've actually known how to cast on and do a knit stitch and bind off for ages. One of these days I'll do something that uses more than just that, but I decided to start with the classic simple scarf.

This is for the Little Man. Of course, he has no intentions of wearing it. I've tried to put it on him, but he doesn't even leave it on long enough for me to snap a picture of him. He likes to drape things around his neck, though, so perhaps if I leave it out where he can get at it, he'll eventually try it out.


I made it double length, thinking I could fold it in half and pull the ends through, making it harder for him to remove himself. Not so much. Clever little bugger. Oh well. I successfully made a scarf. Except that the edges aren't so neat. I'm not sure what to do about that. Should google it. There must be something out there to help, right?

I also picked up this book. Perhaps I'll try something from here next.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful! Welcome to the big, wonderful world of knitting! "They" say, to keep your edges a little neater on garter stitch, you should slip the first stitch of every row, rather than knit it. You could try that and see what you think.