I made this quilt once before, but I ended up giving it to my sister when she got married 3 years ago. I would have made her one, but I knew there was no way I'd get it finished in time with a one-year-old and a job, so I gave her mine and started another one to replace it for myself. So yeah. Its been sitting around my house since 2010.
I finished the top in a relatively decent amount of time, since its really not that hard to do. Then I took it up to my parent's house to baste it (they have lots of folding tables around and I like to clamp the bottom and middle layers to the tables and then pin). Then I folded it up and never got around to doing the quilting. When I finally tried it, it was wrinkling up and I felt like the whole thing should be taken apart and re-ironed. Darn.
So I did. I took out all those pins and re-ironed the whole darn quilt and got it basted again. This time, my walking foot was doing a terrible job. I bought one online that was supposed to be a Brother foot, but it turned out to be some cheap generic foot. So I bit the bullet and bought a genuine Brother walking foot at a local quilt store and got my machine serviced while I was at it. No more excuses!
It took me so long to finish this quilt that honestly, I would be perfectly happy not to see it again for a good long while. The poor thing was filthy from never having been washed in the last 3 years and laying around in my living room with two dirty little boys for months.
But it is done! Yay! Just a simple cross hatch again with random lengths of black and white for the binding. I should have taken a few more detail shots of it, but I was so over the whole thing that I didn't bother. Ha ha.
Now on to the next unfinished project!