Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wedding Rings and Mental Blocks

I just finished my little wedding ring quilt. I made this quilt more than a year ago, but I never finished it. Call it mental block. I only had to add eight of the points to the edge of the quilt and then put on the binding, but I let it sit in a pile for over a year. Well, I was at home alone watching the Super Bowl (my husband had to work - boo!) and I didn't have anything in particular to work on, so I pulled it out and I've been working on it since then. I just finished the binding this morning and threw it in the washer.



Funny how perfect it looks in that picture. It is really pretty good, but come on. I still think of myself as a beginner. So, from that perspective, it is great. From my perfectionist position, it sucks. There is some problems with the points, but it's not bad.

No comments: