Friday, June 02, 2006

Monogramming Towels

I've monogrammed my first set of towels. Wow. It took forever! All I did was two hand towels and two bath towels and I was working on them from 8:30 PM to 3:00 AM. What in the world?!?

I used chocolate thread on white towels and they had to be done twice to fill in all the gaps. As I've mentioned before, I have a problem with the needle falling out as well and that means that I have to sit there and watch it like a hawk just in case. It did fine on the hand towels, but when I got to the bath towels, half way through on each one, the needle fell out and then the machine seemed to lose its place. I had to start back at the beginning on each. Which was okay, since I had written down the setting for the monogram placement. WRONG. The same setting would not start in the same place. How is that possible?! Anyway. I figured out how to get it to work and then I had to go back and start it in the middle again since the beginning had been done twice and the second half had to be done again. Argh.

They're done, at any rate. They are for my brother and his fiancee and her shower is tomorrow. I am leaving today to go to my parents. I don't have anything to put them in or wrap them with, of course. You'd think I was the most disorganized person on earth. I'm really not, I swear.

No comments: