Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Plants

I've been busy trying to prepare my yard for plants for next year. We aren't sure what we're going to do with a lot of the yard yet, but I must have my flowers, so I'm planting in some spots. I've bought Globemaster (purple) and Mt Everest (white) alliums, Casablanca lilies, snowdrops and tulips. Some of those were from John Scheepers, and some were from Home Depot and Lowes. I propogated a few plants from my Mom's hydrangeas and planted those as well, even though they are still quite small. I'm not sure if those will make it through the winter or not, but we'll see!

I also bought a bunch of plants from Spring Hill Nursery, like white and pink bleeding hearts, white astilbes, hellebores, lilac poppies, white reblooming irises, pink lupines, pink and purple lavendar and blue delphiniums.


But the real star of my purchases is my Godaishu tree peony from Klehm's Song Sparrow. Isn't it beautiful? Hopefully it won't take forever to establish itself and bloom, but they are worth the wait anyway.


My plants all arrived last week and my Mom helped me plant them all on Saturday. My husband tilled up the beds and added in some nice new soil. I haven't planted any of the bulbs yet because it has yet to get very cool around here. Probably soon it will though and I'll be out there wishing I hadn't bought quite so many. Hopefully we will be set for some beautiful blooms for next year though.

No comments: