Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Presents

I haven't finished deciding what all to give for Christmas gifts this year. I've ordered the fabric for aprons, but I need something else.

For my brother & sister-in-law, I was thinking about ordering something from Omaha Steaks and then put in the apron and maybe some matching potholders. My mom suggested getting their 2 little girls an Easy Bake Oven to go with their aprons. I was at Target today and they were out. They did have a little utensil set to go with the oven that had cute little pink spatula, wisk, wooden spoon, etc. I may have to go back and get that cause I thought it was cute.
Oh, and Mom also suggested that I make an apron for my grandma. This is the year of the apron for me. Having never actually made any, I hope they turn out cute.

Since we're talking about aprons again, check out Kelly's apron. How adorable is that?

I don't know what to get my parents to go with their aprons. I got my Dad a set of Steak Seasonings from Penzey's Spices last year and he liked that. He bought some sets himself to give to his customers this year. So is it bad to get something similar again this year or opt for something different? I don't know.

Speaking of Penzeys, I have the Strip district on the brain now. Here's another place we love in the strip. Its Prestogeorge and they make some really great fresh roasted coffee. My husband and I are addicted to the Holiday Blend and the Highlander Kreme the rest of the year.

Anyway, to get back on the subject, I don't have any ideas for my husband either. He wants a flat screen TV, a flat panel monitor and another vintage rifle. Not that I'll be buying him any of those things. I'm in need of inspiration in that area.

My Christmas present, on the other hand, I've picked out. I'm feeling guilty about that, but I've been lusting after it for so long and its finally down low enough to tempt me to take the plunge. Its the Canon Digital Rebel XT.
I already have the film camera - the Canon Rebel Ti, but I'd like a digital so that I can take stupid pictures 100 times a day if I want to. I know it really doesn't make any sense. The lenses can be swapped back and forth though, so its not as if its totally crazy. I would like to improve my photography skills so I can actually use the thing and justify its purchase.
**I must also add, for my own sake, that I am not normally in the habit of buying myself expensive gifts and/or dropping explicit hints for them to my husband. I actually hate that. But come one, the camera. . . . I'm drooling.

No comments: