Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I love fluffy white towels

Mom has asked me for a set of towels for her, so I picked some up yesterday and sat down to monogram them this evening. I wouldn't mind some different style monograms, but I haven't found any other fonts that have really struck my fancy yet. I'll have to do some more hunting. But anyway, my husband was quite sure that these ought to have just a single initial monogram on them and Mom was open to anything. So this is what I did. I love the white and slate blue! Its so me! I hope Mom will like them.

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ha. You know I love that monogram. Very nice! BTW, I was looking in your apron flickr albums and noticed a font mixed with this one and it looks like the font I have on my D1. I might fall over if I found a fellow blogger who had a D1, so please tell me that you do too! LOL. BTW, I LUV your aprons -- especially the blue and brown pokies!!!

Barefoot_Daydreams said...

Hm. I'm not sure what a D1 is, so I think the answer must be no. I'm glad you like the aprons, though! The monograms on them are all just a standard font on my machine.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, a D1 is a designer 1 -- it's a Husqvarna Viking machine. The font you used on your KJB apron is very similar to a standard font on the D1. It used to be that the D1 was the only machine with a block font that "chunky" (it's hard to describe the style -- there were other block fonts, just not the same.) But, I'm dating my machine -- it's about 8 years old now, so it looks like other companies have a similar font now. Oh well, you provide my monogram inspiration and remind me that I really should get back to it.... ;-)