Thursday, November 01, 2007

A Work In Progress

My living room, as well as the rest of my house, is a work in progress. Last week, we bought a rug and picked up a coffee table and side tables. Today, I got The Man to hang up some pictures. We're making progress! Now I think that I need to get home hurricane lamps for the coffee table to put some pillar candles in. The table lamps are obviously too small for the tables. I have some picked out that I like, but they're a bit much for me, so I'm putting that off. One thing just leads to another, doesn't it? Oh well. I'm also trying to figure out what kind of fabrics to get for pillows. Any suggestions? I'm thinking fall right now.


We had to have our electric service upgraded this week and they put in a new panel and a deperately needed ground. That cost a small fortune, but he did finally hook up my dryer and hung my chandelier since he was here. Yay! I have a crystal chandelier! The picture doesn't nearly do it justice, but this is it.

This is the picture from LampsPlus.com, where I bought it. Much better!

Can't resist adding - I didn't pay anywhere near as much as its listed now. They have some good sales if you watch!

When the electrician was here, they removed a clamp on our water main and it was corroded underneath, so we had a nice leak that would make its way into our basement, so we had to have that fixed right away. Today, the plumber came and spent a couple hours just sitting here because he couldn't find the valve to shut off our water at the curb. The Man called Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority without thinking. Contrary to what the name suggests, they don't supply our water. Only the sewer service. PA American Water does the water. Oops. So after discovering that, he called them and they came within the hour to shut off the water. Sucks to pay someone to sit around. Oh well. What can you do?

So we focus on the good things, right? My living room is coming together. I have a lovely crystal chandelier. My dryer now works (yay - no more lint!). Shouldn't be anymore risk of our house burning to the ground because of a stupid electrical system. Wahoo!

No comments: