Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stupid Projects I Love to Start . . .

I am the Queen of Stupid Projects at my house. I have this burning desire to start things that no one in their right mind really wants to do. I start off with a bang and get bored and annoyed with myself for doing them. This is my latest:

I'm taking down all the acoustic ceiling tiles in the basement and priming & painting them. Its grand fun. They're filthy and hard to put back up. They are easy to paint though, and it looks much better and brighter. You just have to go around and wipe up all the black fingerprints and smudges on the tiles and the wall that result from fighting with them to get them back up and flat in the grid.


I'm about 2/3 of the way through and have been working on them when the dog doesn't guilt trip me into laying on the couch with him. I know. That job is really rough. Guess how hard it is to talk me out of working on the tiles. . .


I almost convinced myself that I ought to spray paint the metal grid a nice white color when reason finally prevailed. Even I'm not that stupid. The gray will blend nicely with the London Fog paint that was supposed to be taupe, but is really just plain old Gray.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

So not a stupid project! Think how excited you'll be when it's all finished and you have a sparkly new ceiling! Poor lil' puppy -- hope he's feeling better soon!