Saturday, March 01, 2008

Where have I been?

I don't know what's up with the time. Sometimes it flies, sometimes it drags around here. Its somehow been two weeks since I last posted. Oops.

So where have I been? Well, not quilting. I am trying to make myself finish up some older quilts that I've been procrastinating about and I've managed to continue to procrastinate just fine.

I did, however, paint part of my basement, hang some curtains and shades, help put up crown molding in two rooms, and sorted through an awful lot of stuff in the basement. I know you're excited about all of that, so let me show you some of it.

I started in the laundry area and got rid of all the stuff that was there. Embarrassing part? I found old laundry, still in the laundry basket from the apartment. The Man just piled more stuff on top of it and I didn't even know it was there. I found my favorite t-shirt in the basket. I'd been wondering where that was!

Our basement is covered with panelling. Its all dark and I don't like dark. Like lots of things in the house, it doesn't even match. There's several shades of brown used in various parts of the basement. So I filled in the lines with spackling and put a hundred coats of paint on it. Okay, maybe not a hundred. I did from the laundry area over to the steps.


Before painting

Primer

The finished product. Doesn't really look like the paint sample, does it?

The basement doesn't have nearly enough light. Perhaps that's the problem?

Next up, the room in the basement that houses all the stuff I don't know what do with it! Ugh! Must do more sorting!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

No wonder you haven't been posting -- you've been busy! Did you notice that your paint sample matches your blog??? And in a trivia thing that doesn't matter, it matches the shirt I have on today LOL!