Thursday, November 30, 2006

and Candles too!

Besides making quilts, I do make candles as well. Not that you'd really know it, since I don't think I've made any for the past year, at least. I really only make them for myself since when I've given them away, people burn them funny and scare me. I gave one to someone in a crock - I thought that was foolproof - and they told me later that they burned it on their dresser and fell asleep. The candle managed to catch the top part of the dresser on fire. Yeah. I don't like that.

Anyway. I was cleaning up the bookmarks on my computer the other day and found an old one that just said candle supplies. I discovered that it was for Early American Candle Supplies here in Pittsburgh. Yeah! Now I could go get wax and not pay for shipping, which is outrageous! So today I dragged my husband over to the shop to pick up a 50 lb bag of wax. I'm so excited to make more pillars!


No comments: