Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crochet-Edged Flannel Blanket

I decided to try something new and put a crochet edge on flannel blanket. I washed the flannel, hemmed it and then punched holes about 1/4" apart around the edge of the blanket.


I've read that you can just poke your crochet hook through, but I can't really see how. So I bought a small hole punch (I think it was the 1/16" hole punch) for it. It worked fine, but sure makes your hand hurt after doing an entire blanket!


Then I used the remainder of the yarn from the little afghan and did a simple edging around it. I think I like it. It wouldn't hurt to use a finer yarn for it - this might be a little thick, but it turned out fine. I even washed up all the blankets a couple days ago and they all came out just like they went in.

I may even like this better than the other flannel blankets that I put the binding on, but perhaps its just the gray that I like.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh that little blanket is so sweet! I can't believe you're under 30 days now -- you better rest up! ;-)