Thursday, May 14, 2009

Diaper Bag

I have been slowly making myself a diaper bag and some accessories to go along with it. I don't really have any idea what I need/want in a diaper bag, but I made something I think I like and there's no reason that I can't just use it for something else if I want. I just liked the fabric. Its dry clean only, which may be dumb on my part, but its what I wanted. I bought some Scotchguard to spray it with and hopefully that will help keep it clean.

I made it 6" wide and put some nice deep pockets on the sides.

Clip for hanging keys

Lots of big pockets in the inside for who-knows-what?

The changing pad I backed with iron-on vinyl and added ties to the end so it can be rolled up.



This is probably unnecessary, but I used the leftover fabric to make a diaper and wipes bag. I was thinking that perhaps it could be carried instead of a diaper bag occasionally. It didn't quite turn out exactly how I pictured it - perhaps because the lip won't lay flat for me and velcro looks dumb. I haven't thought of a better idea for it yet, though. Pretty buttons?

I must admit that I am looking forward to seeing the
tiny bum that fits in such tiny diapers. They're cute.

No comments: