Thursday, January 19, 2006

Embroidery & White Spaces

Today I bought an embroidery design & downloaded it this afternoon after consulting with my husband to get his approval (mustn't get anything he doesn't like, you know). He didn't like the first design I had, since he said it was boring. We both don't want any cutesy hearts. So we settled on a celtic type design. Its smaller than I thought, though. I hooped up the section of the quilt and I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked. I didn't use stabilizer. I don't know if you should or not, but it worked without it. This is how it turned out.


Now I don't know what to do. I think perhaps it ought to be filled in a bit, but I'm not sure exactly how. I'm not a great free motion quilter. Eek. It actually only needs a few lines of echoing going on, I think. I'm afraid to attempt it. Big chicken.

No comments: