Monday, January 02, 2006

Finally Finished!

So I haven't posted in awhile, but I've been really busy. Let me show you what I've been up to. I finally finished my sister's quilt. My sewing machine broke down a couple weeks before Christmas and I found a shop who would send it in for repair. The only problem was that it they only send them out on Thursdays and return them on the following Thursday. So we went over on the next Thursday morning to drop it off and discovered that we had already missed the repair guy. So it would take two weeks to get it back (December 29th). Grr.

While we were there, however, we found an embroidery machine on sale. It was a Brother Innovus 1000. I drooled, but we left. My husband offered to buy it for my Christmas gift. I was feeling seriously tempted and seriously guilty for spending so much money on a machine. Well, he bought it for me anyway one week before Christmas. I spent the entire day on December 18th quilting her quilt and then I spent the rest of the week hand-sewing the binding to it. I finished it on Dec 23rd and took it with me to my parents on Christmas Day so I could wash it before wrapping it up to give it to Suzie. Sheesh. Now I feel like I've given away a child, since I've been working on this project for the entire year.

No comments: