Friday, May 04, 2007

Yo-Yo Quilt Progress

My walking foot had a small piece break off of it awhile ago and it would droop in the back after awhile and create drag. I would just nudge it up and it would be fine for a little longer. I sat down to quilt up the yo-yo quilt Sunday night and it was terrible. So I gave in and bought another one from this eBay shop where I've purchased several other feet from. It arrived Thursday, which isn't bad. I sat down and quilted up the quilt yesterday.

Today, I remembered while I was showering that I hadn't monogrammed the back. I like to do that for quilts that are for me and I can't for the life of me seem to remember before the quilt is quilted the whole way out to the border. So I ripped out one corder and added a monogram. Then I discovered that I had put it down too far, so I had to spend several hours very carefully pulling out the monogram. ERGH! I monogrammed it again and this time, it was perfect.

Then I fixed the border quilting, sewed on the binding and trimmed it up. I love, love, love the binding. Its so cute! I made it slightly wider than I usually do and I really like it. It also seems to be going much more quickly than normal when I am handstitching it to the back. Not sure why - maybe cause its fatter? Or maybe its just the fabrics. I don't know, but its making me happy! So anyway. I've got to finish the binding and then I will start attaching the yo-yo's. Not quite sure how I'm going to do that yet. It could take forever!

But here's a sneak peek of what I've got so far.

No comments: