Thursday, September 25, 2008

Flameless Candles?

So yesterday I got a bee in my bonnet about making some "flameless" candles. I've been thinking about buying some for putting in certain spots in the house where you wouldn't really want to burn a candle, or for using them outside at night. Or, I could light them up every single night I'm inclined and not feel guilty about "wasting" candles. Yes. I did say that. I have issues. I'm also too cheap to buy them and I wasn't sure if it was really what I was wanting anyway.


Then I actually turned on my brain for a change and remembered that I have hurricane wax downstairs. Duh. So I pulled out the candlemaking supplies and started making a grand mess with wax and molds everywhere. Ah. I've missed that. Except that now my kitchen looks like a disaster area. Oh well. I'll probably get sick of the mess and put it all away in a day or two.

So these are the the results. I have nice white candle "shells" and I've slipped a votive cup down in each one of them. Last night I put tea lights in there so that you can have a real flame if you wanted, but I'm also thinking about getting the little faux tealights that flicker so they would really be "flameless" candles.

Now I'm thinking about breaking out some more wax and making some more candles. Hmmm.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow. These are really cool!